The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
by Catherine Chiu
- Things are what they are and whatever will be will be.
- People insisted on being either one or the other.
- The law often says one thing, while morality leads to a different conclusion, in his opinion, and he didn’t think he needed to look further than his own small-scale activities to find examples of how the law can be set to one side as long as you hold your head high.
- Thus the Bible’s last two verses plus the typographer’s extra verse were printed as:
20. He who testifies to these things say, Surely I am coming quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
22. And they all lived happily ever after.
- And the more I think about it, the more I think that we should just leave it at that, and you’ll see that things will turn out like they do, because that is what usually happens — almost always, in fact.
- But what joyous thing lasts forever?
- Benny asked The Beauty if she would marry him, to which she replied: Yes, damn it! Now straightaway!