Sunflowers: A Novel of Vincent van Gogh by Sheramy Bundrick
by Catherine Chiu
- I often think that the night is more alive and richly colored than the day.
– Vincent to Theo, Arles, September 1888
- Ah, to feel the infinite high and clear above you, then life is almost enchanted after all.
- It is not enough in life to only study. One must live. Enjoy oneself, have as many diversions as possible, fall in love.
- Please forgive me. Please come back to me.
- Things must proceed in their own time, or we risk everything.
- Please don’t give in to the sense of despair, and know that I love you with everything I have.