The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho
by Catherine Chiu
- When all is said and done, if we believe in God we have to believe also that God is just.
- When you are moving toward an objective, it is very important to pay attention to the road. It is the road that teaches us the best way to get there, and the road enriches us as we walk its length.
- Wherever your treasure is, there will be your heart.
- What does magic have to do with the Catholic Church? Everything.
- That the Road was one along which any person could walk, that it’s significance could be understood by even the least sophisticated person, and that, in fact, only such a road as that could lead to God.
- But through all of time, he never ceased to live in the human heart in the form of love.
- Many times in our lives we see our dreams shattered and our desires frustrated, but we have to continue dreaming. If we don’t, our soul dies, and agape cannot reach it.
- The good fight is the one we fight because our heart asks it of us. The good fight is the one that’s fought in the name of our dreams.
- “Of all the ways we have found to hurt ourselves, the worst has been through love. We are always suffering because of someone who doesn’t love us, or someone who has left us, or someone who won’t leave us. If we are alone, it is because no one wants us; if we are married, we transformed the marriage to slavery. What a terrible thing!” he said angrily.
- But if someone wants to fight the good fight, that person must view the world as if it were a marvelous treasure waiting to be discovered and won.
- When we want something, we have to have a clear purpose in mind for the thing that we want.
- You made me see that the search for happiness is a personal search and not a model we can pass on to others.
- I guess it is true that people always arrive at the right moment at the place where someone awaits them.