The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
by Catherine Chiu
- But, most important, he was able every day to live out his dream.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
- That a certain part in our live, lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.
- It’s what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone when they are young, knows what their Personal Legend is.
- And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it.
- And when each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.
- There was nothing to hold him back except himself.
- In order to find the treasure, you will have to follow the omens. God has prepared a path for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens he have left for you.
- Maktub. It is written.
- Never stop dreaming. Follow the omens.
- People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want.
- If you concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man.
- He learned the most important part of the language that all the world spoke — the language that everyone on earth was capable of understanding in their heart. It was love.
- Without such love, one’s dreams would have no meaning.
- And I am part of your dream, a part of your Personal Legend as you call it.
- Maktub. If I am really part of your dream you will come back one day.
- He tried to deal with the concept of love as distinct from possession.
- How do I guess at the future? Based on the omens of the present. The secret is here in the present.
- Wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
- You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his Personal Legend.
- Fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
- When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- Because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are.